Hunter’s Cove is a 67 home, family oriented upscale community located in east Hillsborough County at the north end of Long Pond (renamed Lake Hunter after a local Valrico pioneer). The entrance to the community is off of Seffner-Valrico Road, which connects the villages of Seffner to the north and Valrico to the south.The property was once a lakeside estate of an award winning architect who designed and built a huge two-story house in 1937. To see more about the original estate called the Preis house, go to Preis Estate page.The 60 acre estate surrounded a 6,500 square foot residence. It included a 50 orange grove, tennis courts, a 60,000 gallon swimming pool, and bath house over-looking the pristine lake.Upon the death of the owner in 1964 the property was sold several times but remained empty. It suffered greatly from vandalism and lack of maintenance.
In 1977, the property was purchased by a well known developer who planned what was to become one of the first controlled entry sub-divisions in east Hillsborough County, a first for the seventies. With only one entrance and exit, a total of 67 home sites were proposed and the community named Hunter’s Cove. The pool, tennis courts, bath house and recreation area were deeded to the homeowner’s association.
LATEST NEWS: It is with great sympathy that we let everyone in the Hunters Cove Community know that long time resident Bob Ellington passed away recently. Funeral services will be held Saturday March 17th at 2PM at Stowers Funeral Home Brandon